Sunday, November 7, 2010

October message

Dearest Sisters,

Children In primary learn a beautiful song entitled, “I Love to See Temple.” The words are:

I love to see the Temple. I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God, A place of love and Beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young; this is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple. I’ll go inside some day.
I’ll covenant with my Father; I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place, where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth: A family is forever.

As a children of God, many of us have been to the Lord’s temple. We have seen the love and beauty that abounds in our temples. We have made those sacred covenants with our Heavenly father and we have been sealed together with our families forever. How blessed we are to live in the time when the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth and temples now dot the entire earth.

As a new temple worker , I look forward to each Wednesday when I know Blaine and I will be working and serving in the Portland temple. I love to see all the patrons as they come to serve that day in the temple of the Lord, and to “covenant with their Father and obey.” How blessed we are to have a temple within 25 minutes of our homes.

As the song says,” we prepare ourselves, to go inside one day”. It is my prayer that each of us, as children of our Heavenly Father, will make a commitment in going to the temple often; whether it be to visit the grounds and study and pray with our families, to do baptisms for the dead, to take out our endowments, to do endowment work for the dead, or to be sealed with our families forever. May we all share in the “JOY OF THE TEMPLE.”

With great love,
Sister Judy Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment